Have a Question? Email me at nestyourbestblog@gmail.com I'd love to hear from you!

Thursday, September 27, 2012

A Monogrammed Wall

I've been eyeing these picture frames from Target for a few months now.  I liked the goldy/silvery look to them.  

"Wouldn't we be perfect over your master bed?", that's what they said to me before I put them in the cart.

  When it has a red sticker, you can't mess around people.






I bought 3.  No, they didn't come with the pretty paper inside.  I just forgot to take a before, before picture. I get so excited about my projects!  You understand.

My original thought was to re-frame some photos I already have, but then I had an aha moment.  What if I created a huge monogram for our wall?  Um, yes.  I think so.  

Because everything is better with a monogram.

I took out the pics that come with the frames and inserted sheets of scrapbook paper I had trimmed to fit.






Then, I enlisted the help of my handy-dandy computer by enlarging the initials of my first name, Mister's first name, and our last name.
  
I wanted a very traditional look so I went with Times New Roman.




Next, I printed and cut out each letter.




I traced the cut-out computer paper letter onto the back of the cardstock paper I wanted to frame.  In the case of the "S" and the "J", I had to trace them backwards so they would be correct when I cut them out.  Play with it, you'll see what I mean.


Then, attached scrapbook paper stickers to the backs.  I don't know if you can tell, but I used a really cool polka dot black-on-black cardstock for the letters.





Then, I simply stuck them on top of the scrapbook paper I had already framed, removed the Target clearance sticker (although it is a thing of beauty), and hung.







No joke, this project took me 20 minutes.  Don't you just love a project like that?!?






Voila!  I have to say I am pretty darn happy with the result.  Our bed is one of the first things you see when you walk up the stairs and this definitely makes a statement.  But, hopefully a classy, sophisticated, chic one.





I don't know, but I think the monogram is making the paint look less purple/gray...

Maybe I won't have to repaint!








I just can't get enough!








I'll show you the rest of the master someday...when I decide how I want to finish it up.




Actually, I know exactly how I want to finish it up.  I'm just waiting for the green light to make the purchases I've plotted out.  A BIG trip to Ikea is in my future (near future???).















                                               And one more because I love it so much.






Go make a monogrammed wall friends!  You'll be so happy you did! 

( Ha!  I finally found a way to label the walls! )


Frames: Target
Scrapbook Paper: Michaels
Bedding: Blue - Target; Paisley - Pottery Barn
Jute Pillow: HomeGoods
Lamps: Had made out of vases from Target


No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts