Have a Question? Email me at nestyourbestblog@gmail.com I'd love to hear from you!

Monday, January 7, 2013

Life Before Blogs?!

Happy Monday!  I hope everyone had a great weekend.  I spent mine running to birthday parties, playing tennis, baking cookies, and watching Tangled with my little family.  Such a cute movie.

I also got a few minutes at Goodwill this weekend and scored some great books for my new built-ins!!!  I will be sharing a little sneak-peek soon.

One treasure I came home with makes me smile every time I see it.  Even when I think about it, it makes me giggle.  :)

I didn't buy it for the content.  Just for how much it makes me laugh.



This, friends, is what we had before blogs.  Crafting around your home is not a new idea.  Women love adding their personal touch.  However, getting inspiration didn't used to be as easy as Pinterest and the blogosphere.

                                     Enter, The Woman's Day Book of Weekend Crafts.




How much does this make you smile?!  Is it just me?  First of all, it's a bright sunny yellow.  And, next, it has the most hilarious ideas in it!





Ha!  Not sure, I'll be knitting any dolls soon.


How about a "Mesh Back Tote"?  Anyone?


 This little gem made me laugh too hard to not buy for $2.  It looks cute on my shelf and is a terrific nod to another time (published in 1970).


So, did anyone attempt any ladies' "weekend crafts" at your house this weekend?  Hee hee!

Tomorrow I'll be sharing an update to our office/guest room.

XO!
   Sara

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts