Have a Question? Email me at nestyourbestblog@gmail.com I'd love to hear from you!

Thursday, March 14, 2013

Dino Party - The Eats

What's a party without food?  If you've been reading the blog, you know we recently had a Dino Party for my son's 4th birthday.  Yesterday, I shared the cookie favors we put together.  Today, I'm showing you what we ate.

When I started planning this party, of course, I went to Pinterest first.  There was lots of dino stuff, but it all referred back to Etsy sites where you could buy dino cookies, juice box wrappers, banners, etc.  I have nothing against Etsy, I just wanted to make it myself to save a little green!

I made these little labels to hang above the food stations in my kitchen. I just used the Drawing Board feature in Word to create these labels.

At the "Carnivores" station we had dinosaur shaped chicken nuggets for the kiddos and a hot cider salad with bacon and mini honey cornbread muffins for the mamas.

Unfortunately, I didn't get pictures of all the food because at that point, we were in full party mode!





The "Herbivores" station had broccoli and carrots with ranch, strawberries and grapes, and popcorn.




"Sweetivores", my favorite station, had cupcakes (check back tomorrow to hear more about the cupcakes) and cookies.






With all the yummy food, we needed something to wash it down.  That leads to the "Prehistoric Punch" station.





To cover the juice boxes I used yellow scrapbook paper and red and white chevron wrapping paper from the Target $1 section.  I scoop up those rolls whenever there are new ones!

I think part of what makes a memorable party are the little details.  If you've committed to a theme, try to keep it running throughout the party...of course, you don't want to go overboard, but a few little touches can easily take some Target party plates and chicken nuggets from drab to fab.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts